Interests that are a good basis for this study programme
You should be interested in combining various disciplines and developing cross-section approaches. Moreover, you should be familiar with natural sciences and interested in correlated technological aspects. You must have already completed a subject-relevant bachelor’s programme in order to be admitted to this programme.
Environmental System Sciences / Climate and Environmental Monitoring (ESS / CEM)
An important feature of the master’s programme are legal aspects of handling chemical compounds, running processes and plants. Within the master’s programme there are many chances to meet various research groups and to join for small projects into research activities. It easily may be adapted to a personal focus.
Doctoral Programme of Natural Science – Faculty of Environmental and Regional Sciences and Education
The Doctoral Programme of Natural Science – Faculty of Environmental and Regional Sciences and Education enables you to develop your research interests further and to perfect your methodological skills. You will work independently to investigate academic questions and contribute to the development of knowledge and innovation in your subject area.
Preparation for a wide range of career paths
Future prospects: professional fields and career opportunities
Graduates of the master’s programme Environmental System Sciences / Climate Change and Environmental Technology (ESS / CCET) can expect to find employment in a wide variety of professional fields due to having studied on a broad scientific basis (Chemistry, Physics, Geosciences and Process Engineering) combined with comprehensive knowledge of environmental systems and interdisciplinary skills:
- Teaching and research on university level
- Evaluation and impact assessment of aspects of climate change
- Elaboration of strategies and measures to deal with climate protection, adjustment to climate change as well as losses and damage with respect to the management of climate change and its consequences
- Development and implementation of strategies in the public sector and in businesses on the way to an economy and society that is almost free of greenhouse gas emissions
- Environmental analysis, environmental monitoring and environmental protection
- Development of strategies and processes for the sustainable use of energy, waste and residual materials
- Monitoring and optimisation of resource-saving and energy-efficient technologies
- Development and implementation of strategies and processes for the sustainable use of resources, materials and energy
- Implementation and supervision of aspects related to REACH
- Supervision of geological / geosciences projects
- Provision of advisory and supervisory services to institutions dealing with environmental protection
- Development of sustainable products, processes and services
- Activities in environmentally relevant areas of the public sector
- Environmental management in private enterprises and NGOs
- Is this degree programme right for you?
- About the study programme
- Further studies
- Career prospects
- Note on registration
Full details of admissions procedures and current deadlines are available on our main page.
Send us a message!
We will get back to you as soon as possible.
Please try again later.