The University of Graz and its staff members aim at providing services and opportunities of high and internationally renowned quality.
Quality management is regarded as the key to organising long-term improvements for students, teachers and scientists, as well as for the university as a whole. The university successfully passed the audit by the Finnish Higher Education Evaluation Council and has been awarded a quality label that is valid for seven years from August 2013.
In order to ensure systematic quality development, a quality management system was installed to include research, teaching, supporting young scientists and services.
The quality management system serves to
- establish quality culture in all areas of the university,
- implement the university's strategy,
- enhance transparency of targets, procedures, processes and data,
- involve members of staff in quality development more strongly,
- continually integrate quality development in all areas of the university and
- optimise existing quality tools and use them appropriately.