The University of Graz generates a broad range of knowledge from many different research areas. The university regards the protection of its own research results as an essential task, in order
- to safeguard the freedom of research and teaching,
- to ensure the visibility of research performance,
- to promote technology and knowledge transfer with businesses and other research institutions
- to fulfill its legal mission (2002 University Act).
The University of Graz aims to make use of research results for the best possible benefit of society. As a public research institution which is publicly funded, the university is committed to a fair and market-compliant remuneration of results protected by copyright.
The services of Research Management and Service comprise:
- individual counselling for inventors
- application for service inventions
- application for patents
- patent and technology research
- international patent law regulations in the Third-Party funding sector
- counselling and contract design when starting up a business
- controlling and implementation of administrative activities